Sunday, October 4, 2015

Light in Our Current Darkness

As we're living through hard right now, God's word has become that much more the light which guides Mr. R and me.

I'm really hungry...but not for food. I'm hungry for the Bread of Life! Here are some of the verses that are comforting me as we walk this road:

"Light is sown like see for the righteous and gladness for the upright in heart."
Psalm 97:11

We can trust the Lord to light the way through the darkness of our current situation.

"Make me know Your ways, O Lord;
Teach me Your paths.
Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation:
For You I wait all the day."
Psalm 25:4,5

We can trust the Lord to lead us. He will teach us how to walk the unfamiliar path He has ordained for Christina and our family as a result of her injury.

"Ascribe to the Lord glory and strength.
Ascribe to the Lord the glory due His name."
Psalm 29:1b-2a

We can trust the Lord with every nuance of this trial because His greatness is unfathomable. He is everything we are not. He is faithful and trustworthy. He is Light. He is Life. He is our everything all the time...but especially now.

I'll finish with one last favorite verse. We're expecting the surgeon to round on Christina any moment so I'll shut down my computer and return to her room. (Her daddy has been sitting with her.)

Here's that favorite:

"Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me with not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life."
John 8:12

May God bless you and keep you and light your way, dear ones!
Denise

No comments: