Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday Musing: "Calmed and Strengthened"


I'm still struggling with rising on time to spend enough time in God's word. (for background see Monday Musing: Hungry) In an effort to encourage myself, and hopefully to encourage others, this Monday's Musing is a second quote by Elisabeth Leseur:
"The farther I read into the Gospels and Epistles, the more I do find a charm, a strength, a life that is incomparable. God is indeed there; from this reading I come each day calmed and strengthened; my will is reinforced there and my heart warmed. God, the Supreme Teacher, through this book of books, educates my inmost being. It helps me to understand life, to smile at duty, and to will strongly."
My Spirit Rejoices, Elizabeth Leseur, Journal entry dated March 29, 1900

~Mrs. Beaver

No comments: