Thursday, July 12, 2012

Waking Up to the World

Mrs. Beaver:

When I visited Aaron and Anna just after Brielle was born in early June, I told my son-in-law that I love seeing God's world through a camera lens because I see things I would miss otherwise. The nuances of creation are opened up to me in a whole new way when I have a camera in front of my face. I'm much more careful to note the finely-tuned details of the glorious work of our Creator when I'm taking--or then reviewing--pictures.

As you well know if you're a regular reader, I have a favorite new photography subject--my first grandchild. Last night her mommy, Anna, spent some time out with a friend while our second oldest daughter, Lissie, and I tried our hand at babysitting a one month old. (Grandpa was out of town and the many others in our household were at Bible study.)

Little did we know what a treat we were in for! Brielle was ready to show off her emerging personality for my camera as her auntie held her. With her deep-blue eyes full of life, she gave us a private showing of a little girl who, while sleeping less and less, has begun to investigate--and comment on--the world around her.









In the end, Brielle's focused spurt of energy required yet another...


...nap. She is after all only five weeks old!

Who but God could create such a wonder as a human baby?
Who but God could weave such poetry into such a small frame?
Who but God could love Brielle enough that He would sacrifice His own child to make eternal life possible for her?
Who, but God?

No comments: