Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Focus


Strangely enough, this out-of-focus picture of our daughter Anna's family speaks volumes to me as an adoptive mother. So many of my children's lives have been seared by the acid drip of neglect.

This snapshot captures such a brief bit of life on planet earth and yet there's so much here...a vulnerable baby being cradled in her father's arms...a mother's kiss lovingly planted...unity between husband and wife. This is family as God intended it. Thank You, Lord, for Your loving protection of little Brielle.

3 comments:

Eric Moores said...

What a powerful photo! As an adoptive brother, I LOVE to see family as God designed it. Yes, adoption is beautiful and I wouldn't trade the world for it but this, this is precious, this is pure, and this is a delight to any heart that has seen the effects of neglect. I am so glad that Brielle is getting what she needs!

Unknown said...

Hi,
I have tried to contact you before about an agency in Russia that you used to bring home some of your children. I am in a desperate situation with my agency and I would really like to know the name of the agency that you used. If you could email me at patriciaroseann@gmail.com, it would be much appreciated. Thanks
--Patricia

Our Family said...

Patricia,
Just in case you don't get my text, my email is barrennomore@gmail.com. I very much want to help!
Denise