Not just one but two of our daughters are traveling internationally this week to serve in far off places. You've been reading about Jaynie's journey with her dad and brother to Central Asia.
Lissie is also ready for the adventure of a lifetime! She has been preparing for weeks to travel to St. Petersburg, Russia, to work with a group called Orphan Outreach. Lissie and several other women will meet in the airport in Frankfort, Germany. They will then fly to Russia's former capital.
When the group of volunteers arrives, they will spend a week teaching the children in three orphanages in the St. Petersburg area about Christ through a program similar to Vacation Bible School or Awana. They will also be conducting a day camp for street children with the same goal of giving them hope that lasts for an eternity by introducing them to Jesus.
Unlike her Jaynie, 19-year-old Lissie will be traveling without any other family members.
As Lissie and I work together to accomplish the last minute details, here are some prayer requests:
- That we would both be able to glorify God as we respond to all that we have left to accomplish
- That we would be able to think clearly
- That God would protect Lissie from any more of the severe migraines she has been experiencing this week
- That Lissie would be able to finish her college course work for this week and the next before she leaves tomorrow
- That God would help us through technical issues she is encountering with her laptop as she does her online coursework.
God is good and does good,