Monday, October 1, 2012

Fabric+Seamstress=New Clothing

Mrs. Beaver:

Can't resist posting this photo of Lissie that Wendy took in their home's foyer. The outfit Lissie's wearing was sown by Wendy's dressmaker from the material Lissie chose the day we all went to the bazaar together.

 
Okay...I'm terribly biased. I think my baby is a beauty!
 
What was most satisfying about receiving this picture for me as her mom, however, was to see a glow on her face and a twinkle in her eye. Living on the other side of the globe is a huge S.T.R.E.T.C.H. for Lissie. Her first few weeks have included some powerful homesickness. However, her desire to serve the Lord by serving Wendy's family, her host family with whom she lives and others she encounters in that culture has proven more powerful than the homesickness. With God's abiding help, she is adjusting. That makes her Mumsie (Lissie's long-time nickname for me) very happy, even though I miss my precious daughter desperately.

No comments: