Friday, October 1, 2010

To Mom And Dad





Dear Mom and Dad,

I don’t know where to start. First I want to thank you for all the love and care you have shown to Jaynie, Cassandra, and I. I am amazed that you could so easily give up good life you led before to adopt. You didn’t just adopt one or two kids, you adopted three kids because you trusted God that this was the best plan for your family. You were willing to double the amount of kids in your family. I’ve had nine amazing years with you. I wouldn’t trade these years with you for nine years with any other parents.

Dad, thank you for being willing to spend time with me during Monday Night Football. Even though you get in my way A LOT (while I’m trying to get to the end zone!), I’ve enjoyed the time spent with you.

Mom, thank you for helping me with my school when I need help. Thank you for taking all of us kids on hikes and breakfast picnics.

Mom and Dad, thank you for my guitar, and thank you for letting me take guitar lessons. I enjoy playing the guitar, especially praise music.

I love you very much. Thank you for being MY parents.

I love you.
Speedy

4 comments:

Drew said...

God always knows what is best for us doesn't He? I'm glad the Lord provided a wonderful family for you and your siblings Speedy.
Have a wonderful anniversary.

WhiteStone said...

Speedy, I am enjoying so much reading about your family. Before, you were just a few of all the faces when we visit your church. Since we are not there often, I really did not know much about your family but this blog has helped me see how God has richly worked in your lives.
Bless all of you.

Unknown said...

We love you with all our hearts, Speedy! We praise God and thank Him for blessing us with you!

Love,
Dad and Mom

Tessa said...

Speedy, I couldn't have asked for a better little brother! I can see God working in your life and I am praying that we will be brother and sister in more ways than one very soon.

Love, your biggest sister,
Tessa