Monday, November 29, 2010

Our Adoption: Day One of "Real Life" Survived!

My Friends,

Thank you so very much for your prayers. There were definitely some trying moments during this first day with Mr. Beaver's full-time return to work and the departure of my wonderful mother-in-law, Jane, and her sister, Jean. But, we made it through the day, and, really, with God's sufficient grace we made it through this first day well.

As the day progressed, I kept saying to myself the same thing I did in the Russian courtroom last month, "Jesus is in this room with me. I'm not alone." I felt His presence and help so powerfully as I faced the adversarial judge who could have denied our petition to adopt. I'm not sure I've ever felt so fearless. So today the same thought, "I'm not alone. Jesus is in this home with us" brought strength and comfort. I had the help of that the same rescuing Saviour was in this tough situation also.

One of the sweetest moments of the day was when my dear friend, Heather, (Room for More) stopped by. She and her husband, Russ, are waiting (and waiting and waiting and waiting...) to adopt a 2-5 year old little girl from Ethiopia. Heather brought giant muffins and an offer to clean toilets or to help me with whatever I needed. Now that's friendship! Her help with our mounds of laundry and subsequent prayer over me really lifted me up mid day.

As I look back on  the day I can also see several lessons I learned that I think will help tomorrow go more a bit more smoothly. Throughout the day, I had the long-distance support of my WONDERFUL husband. Mr. Beaver must have called or texted a dozen times to make sure we were doing okay.

Again, thank you for your prayers. The Lord used your cries on our behalf in very tangible ways. If you wouldn't mind, we'd be grateful for continued prayers, especially that I would be a Christ-like mother no matter the circumstances.

May God be Glorified,
Denise

2 comments:

Drew said...

Congratulations on your first real day. I'll remember to keep you in my prayers.

MacMeister said...

Praise God!