Sunday, November 28, 2010

Trying to Trust

My Friends,

Tomorrow is a daunting day for me. Mr. Beaver returns to work fulltime (he worked partial days this past week). My mother-in-law and her sister fly back to Denver. My college students must buckel down on their school work after our trip to Russia and with finals coming. In other words my greatest supporters of help won't be available.

I hate to admit it since I know so much scripture that commands against it, but I feel anxious. We will return to our homeschooling tomorrow which I know from our previous adoptions gives a sense of routine and security to everyone. But I still feel anxious.

Daria is so very easy, obedient and flexible. She is a pure delight. She has a great sense of humor that keeps us laughing even through the barrier of two different languages. Alexander and Oksansa, on the other hand, are both adorable each in their own way and have been really well behaved considering all the changes in their lives. However, they don't seem to yet get the concept that we get to direct how the day goes rather than them doing so. They tire of activities easily (who can blame them when everthing is in another language?). At this early stage they need a great deal of attention.

I write all this to ask you to pray for this brand new mother of twelve. I know God will see me through, but right now I'm scared.

To God be the Glory,
Denise

7 comments:

Sophie said...

I'll pray more specifically now for you all! Thanks for sharing!

Corrie said...

Denise

I will be praying for you as you adjust to your new life as a mother of 12! I pray that you will wake tomorrow with a new energy and level of excitement about blending your family together. May God give you strength to soar with eagles - not just for tomorrow, but for the whole week.

Corrie

Aaron said...

Mom,

I will definitely be praying for you. I know it will be a challenge, but I also know we serve a God who is able to help you. I'm praying for you and I love you. Can't wait to see you again.

Your (soon to be) son Aaron

Jane said...

We WILL pray!

wordgirl-momathome said...

You are daily in our prayers and tonight especially for tomorrow's new challenges! Just want you to know that God is using you to teach me so much! Love, Tess

MacMeister said...

Praying for you Mrs. Beaver! With God's help you will persevere and overcome those difficulties that stand in your way!

the johnson crew said...

i am praying for you. God will give you strength and joy to do what He wants you to do.