Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tessa's Wedding: Extra Hands

Mrs. Beaver:

In yesterday's post I wrote about our desire to encourage, through hospitality, a sense of community among people who'd traveled from such distances for Aaron and Tessa's wedding. Sharing meals certainly contributed to a sense of fellowship, but so did working together. We were so blessed to have an army of helpers willing to take on any task to lift some of the burden off our family.

We had assistance in the kitchen. Here the groom, Aaron, and his younger sister, Amber, are constructing breakfast casseroles we'll share with out-of-towners the morning after the wedding.



Therese (in the pink), one of our photographers, helped also.



A whole crew then traveled to the reception site to help us set up.

Daria and Elizabeth


The people who ran the facility were so easy to work with and so accommodating.
All we had to do was decorate after they got the tables set up and covered.

They even loaned us some extra-tall vases which we filled with bling and wrapped each in a ribbon.




Once the vases were assembled, it was time to place them on the tables.


We were delighted when Aaron's family arrived.


When you're the bride, it's wonderful to have so many sisters who are eager to help.


At each place setting we put a bookmark, drawn by Jaynie.


When Mr. Beaver and I saw that everything was progressing well, we prepared to leave.

First, though, I asked Tessa if she and I could dance together to the song called, "Dancing in the Mine Fields." by Andrew Peterson. (If you want to click on the link, don't forget to mute our music on the right side just below the photos of the dogs.)

I love the lyrics to the song so much. Here's a portion of the song:

"And we're dancing in the minefields
We're sailing in the storms
This is harder than we dreamed
But I believe that's what the promise is for

So when I lose my way, find me
When I loose love's chains, bind me
At the end of all my faith, till the end of all my days
When I forget my name, remind me.

'Cause we bear the light of the Son of Man,
So there's nothing left to fear
So I'll walk with you in the shadowlands
Till the shadows disappear."

After 27 years of marriage, The song's words ring so true. So I danced with my baby and reminded her to hold on tight to Aaron, no matter what. And, of course, the key to doing so is to cling to Jesus who holds us on our trek through the minefields.




To God Be the Glory!

No comments: